Church Council (CC) met on 21 June. Some of the key outcomes included:
- A draft Pastoral Care plan was recently distributed for consultation. CC agreed that comments should be provided by 11 July.
- CC to follow up with a number of groups from the Mission and Vision workshop on taking key areas forward.
- One proposal from the Mission and Vision workshop to see if a community group might be interested in developing the vegetable garden as a community garden was raised. It was agreed that the group responsible for this recommendation could further explore this option to see what it might entail. At request of the Worship Committee, CC will meet with them following CC’s July meeting to discuss their role (CC will first consider the issue at their July meeting).
- A new church sign has been designed. Further consultation is underway with the Mission and Vision workshop group responsible for raising GUCs profile in the community.
- Budget: doing better than expected. Income is higher than originally expected as Navitas has gradually increased their hours (at the time the budget was prepared, rental income was minimal). Expenditure on electricity and cleaning is less than predicted. Depreciation, roof repairs and audit fees are together significant upcoming costs.
- The auditor has completed the 2019/20 audit of GUC’s accounts with no adverse comments.
On behalf of the Gungahlin Uniting Church Council