Welcome to this week’s worship resources. This week we encourage you to dive into the scripture and hear again the story of Jesus walking on the water and reflect on how this story meets us this week.
For those of you who want to make a space to worship on Sunday we’ve put together an order of service that you can use to reflect in music, read the scripture and pray in worship,
For those of you who feel that you only have cracks and crevices in your week available to reflect on God’s word, to pray and meditate or to hear the stories of faith then we’ve created this material as a playlist for you to use through your week to dive in and out of when you can make space in your work, home, car or whenever you find yourself open to spend time with God.
Perhaps you might choose one prayer to pray daily, or commit to listening to two songs each day, or reading one of the bible verses every two days?
Order of Service
- Call to Worship – An invitation to pray and meditate for the day
- Prayer of Adoration and Confession – An invitation to pray at the beginning of every day
- A Prayer For Others – A prayer for our world, our community
- All Age Prayer – An invitation to pray at the table every day
- A Blessing – an invitation to pray at the end of each day
This week’s singing the scripture playlist is quite long, perhaps you might find some time each day to listen to a couple songs and reflect on your day and your journey with God through the week.
Worshipping with Family
This week’s reading tells the story of Jesus walking on the water and the disciples on a boat. This week how about creating a boat in your house? Use cushions, pillows, sheets, and if you’d like paint, pencils, paper, cardboard to build a boat together.
Then, get in the boat and imagine yourself sailing in the storm and seeing Jesus on the water. Perhaps the Holy Moly video below can help you tell the story.
- When you hear this story what questions do you have?
- What do you think the disciples were thinking?
- Do you think you would have jumped out of the boat? Why? Why Not? Why do you think Peter did?
- What are you afraid of? (spend some time on this, it can be a very helpful conversation with your family)
- How can we face our fears together?
- Can we pray to God to help us with what frightens us? – Pray together
Send us photos of your boat when you’ve finished.
These videos are to help you hear the story of Joseph and of Jesus Walking on Water in different ways. This week’s material require you to use a password to access the videos, we’ve included the password in the community email.
The Story of Jesus Walking on Water – Holy Moly
The Story of Joseph Part 01 – Holy Moly
The Story of Joseph – Re:Form
Reflection on the Gospel Reading
If you would like to go deeper into the readings for this week here are some suggestions.
- Sermon: Rod Barnes on Walking on Water
- Podcast: By The Well – Episode 139
- Podcast and commentary – Working Preacher
- Podcast – Peter Walked on Water Too! – Richard Rohr
- Sermon – Nadia Bolz Weber, A Sermon Sarcastic & Serious
The following two videos reflect on fear and faith, you’ll need to use the same password shared in the community email.