We continue to pray for healing for those in our community who are in hospital or who are recovering from surgery, we pray for healing, we pray for their health professionals, we hold their family and friends in our prayers. May they know your presence in this time.
We pray for all who are enduring cancer treatment, tests and diagnosis, we pray they are aware of the Spirits presence, Jesus’ hope and God’s strength at this time. We hold their specialists, doctors, nurses and other professionals in our prayers, may they be people of compassion, empathy and wisdom.
We hold the UCA Chaplain at the Canberra Hospital, Rev Andrew Mead in our prayers, may his presence and ministry be blessed. We give thanks for the times where he’s been present for members of our community over the last couple of years.
We give thanks for the ministry of the GUC Playgroup, may all involved share in the joy of community and find support, help, refuge and friendship. We give thanks for Cass Nokham and all the work she has put into the community over the last many years.
We join with the Presbytery of the Canberra Region in prayer for the community of St Margaret’s Hackett
- Pray for the Ross Walker Lodge community as they prepare for the birthday party for the 10th anniversary of the establishment of this home/ intentional community for people with disability at St Margaret’s.
- Give thanks for the Supply Ministry of Bruce Stevens as the congregation moves hopefully towards filling a new placement following the retirement of Chris Lockley in 2020.
- Give thanks for the vital cooperative work between St Margaret’s and the Holy Cross Anglican church in carbon action and social justice, joint worship and the World Council of Churches (WCC) Assembly reunion choir to celebrate 30 years since the 1991 WCC Assembly in Canberra.
- Pray for the friendship group and other fellowship groups whose work is reducing the scourge of loneliness and lack of purpose that challenge many older people.
- Give thanks for the active community hub that the St Margaret’s/Holy Cross site has become through the activities of the Tuckerbox program (which provides low-cost food), Meg’s Toy Box and other community groups.
We join the Uniting Church in Australia as we pray for
- The gift of the Spirit to dwell amongst us, and in giving thanks for the diversity of languages and cultures that make up the Uniting Church.
- The fellowship and communion of all Christians. As followers of Jesus, may we work together in giving witness to God’s love, hope and grace.
- The people of Palestine and Israel and for a just peace to prevail.
We join with the World Council of Churches as we pray for the Indian Ocean Islands: Comoros, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles.
We are thankful for:
- the spectacular scenery, exotic plants, rare animals and abundant sea life that flourish in the region
- how people who are ethnically and religiously diverse have long lived together
- the economic developments that have lifted some out of poverty
- the vital evangelism, social and public witness of churches, and how the churches relate to people of other faiths.
We pray for:
- the fragile environment and the unique plants, animals and lands, that they will be protected, especially as the sea rises
- tourism and other economic developments, that they will not threaten, but enhance life for all the people in these countries
- churches, that they will grow through evangelistic efforts and in their work with those of other faiths
- Christians to be bolder in their public witness for justice and reconciliation, especially in times of political turmoil.
Continue to pray with the world wide church by joining with the WCC prayer cycle.