Together we pray for
Those undergoing treatment for cancer, for healing, for hope, that they are surrounded by wise, loving people. We also pray for their families and partners journeying with them.
Those experiencing mobility difficulty, for people healing after surgery, for those healing after a fall, for people experiencing arthritis and for people in our community who are struggling because they aren’t able to do as much as they used to. We pray for healing where its possible, for support where its necessary, for assistance and treatment where able and above all that you make your presence known.
People grieving the loss of a loved one.
Our pets, companions on the journey and loved members of many families, we give thanks for their presence and love in the lives of their families.
We join with the Canberra Region Presbytery in prayer for the Australian Centre For Christianity & Culture.
- We pray for the various conferences, information sessions and event that use the ACCC as a venue.
- We give thanks for the resource that the ACCC is to many of us in the Canberra Region Presbytery.
- We celebrate the staff and management of the ACCC and pray for their welfare during the difficulties presented by COVID-19 and the aftermath of 2020.
- We offer our prayers as the ACCC seek to facilitate ‘wisdom for the common good’
We pray with the National Assembly of the Uniting Church in Australia as we pray for
- Those whose homes are not safe places and are living in situations of violence and abuse. We pray for spaces of shelter, for safety, healing and strength.
- The work of the National Safe Church Unit of the Uniting Church and all those working to create safe spaces for children and young people in our communities.
- The people of Victoria facing another week of lockdown, and all those across the world working to deliver vaccines, provide frontline care and respond to COVID-19.
This week we hold Sri Lanka in our prayers. A cargo ship carrying tonnes of chemicals is sinking off Sri Lanka’s west coast, in one of Sri Lanka’s worst-ever marine disasters. We pray for those who rely on the oceans for their livelihood, we pray for the oceans, for its wildlife, we pray for the world.
We join with the World Council of Churches as we pray for: Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, Eswatini
We are thankful for:
- the rich biodiversity of plants and animals and of mineral resources in this region
- the faithful witness of churches throughout the world during apartheid and how people of different races and lifestyles have come together since then
- the work of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and others to bring healing from the atrocities committed
- how South Africa has made antiretroviral drugs accessible to all with HIV and AIDS.
We pray for:
- protection of resources for the good of all rather than their exploitation for economic gain
- more democratic and transparent governance in these countries, at all levels
- effectively countering rape, sexual violence, and other crime
- adequate resources and changed attitudes for welcoming refugees in these countries.