This week we pray for…
Those of us coming to the end of life, and for the families that love them, may they be surrounded by warm memories of a life well lived and the love of a God who has walked with them for all this time.
The ministry of the Food Pantry, for all that the ministry touches, we continue to give thanks for Alison and all the volunteers the bring the ministry to life. We pray for all it’s customers and the community built around it, we pray for a world where services like this are not needed and where everyone has access to food and shelter.
For people travelling over the long weekend. May their travel be safe and their time away a blessing.
We join with the Presbytery of Canberra Region in prayer for the Alpine Parish (Jindabyne and Round Plain) as we pray…
- Our previous part-time Op Shop Manager has left – pray that we can find another Manager with the right attributes to fill the vacancy.
- We are looking at joining with the Cooma Uniting Church to call a Minister, shared half each between us. Pray for God to show us the way and help with our finances so we can progress this initiative.
- Pray that Jindabyne, and the winter ski industry on which the economy of the whole town so depends, is again preserved from any COVID incursion, so that we all remain safe and well.
- Help us to grow the Kingdom here in Jindabyne, help and bless our local SRE Teacher, help us be successful in our outreach, and for those who stopped coming during the COVID closedown, to be encouraged to come back to us.
- Pray for the accommodation shortage in the town over the cold winter period, particularly for the younger casual workers, and that everyone can find suitable accommodation.
We join in prayer with the Assembly of the Uniting Church in Australia as we pray for
- The leading of the Spirit and God’s blessing for the 16th Assembly meeting and all members as they begin their preparation and discernment.
- The bold leadership needed to address the climate crisis.
- Members of the Uniting Church’s Tongan National Conference around the country who will gather to worship together both online and in-person on Sunday.
- The Uniting Church National History Conference to be held this weekend.
We join with the World Council of Churches as we pray for: Botswana, Zimbabwe
We are thankful for:
- the prophetic witness of churches to protest injustices and advocate good governance
- efforts that have been made to stem the spread of HIV and AIDS and to treat those affected
- economic progress that improves the lives of all
- the iconic animals and minerals in these lands and measures to protect them from being exploited.
We pray for:
- fair election of democratic governments to counter instability, violence and human rights abuses
- stable economies that enable all people to prosper and live in justice and peace
- effective measures to improve the health and life expectancy of all
- the biodiversity and animals present in these lands, and measures to preserve them
- the herders and farmers who continue to raise cattle and food, despite droughts and desertification.