We pray for the Salim Korean Congregation, for their leadership and the ministry of Rev Hyun Joo La
We pray for the families who are a part of the Playgroup community, that they are able to find support and thrive in this time of lockdown. We look forward to connecting with them as soon as possible.
We pray for those who are grieving the loss of loved ones, in particular we hold in our prayers Noel, Narelle and their family & friends, Margaret and her family & friends, Ranjini and her family & friends, Pam and her family & friends.
We hold Cameron in our prayers this week as he prepares for surgery and travels. Continue to surround him and his family with your love, strength and support.
This week we join with the presbytery of Canberra Region as we pray for the Yass Parish
- Prayer for God’s guidance as we seek to be an effective witness in our community
- We ask for God’s blessing on all members of the congregations as we seek to be a cohesive group as we continue without a ministerial agent.
- Pray for God’s comfort for those who are feeling anxious in the current COVID 19 conditions
- We give thanks for being able to provide services on line; for the commitment of Sue Demoor and Suzie Graham doing the recording and for the teams who plan and present the services.
- We pray that those viewing will be moved by the Holy Spirit
This week we join in prayer with the National Assembly of the UCA as we pray for
- The Uniting Church as it discerns and engages in a far-reaching conversation across the church about the future shape of the UCA.
- The Circle of Interest Advocates who begin their work for this triennium inviting people into conversation and connection across key areas in the life of our Church.
- Stuart McMillan on his retirement from ministry with the Church nationally after a long and significant contribution to the life of our Church.
This week we join with the World Council of Churches as we pray for Ghana, Nigeria
We are thankful for:
- Christians and Muslims who take risks to work for dialogue and reconciliation, and people of disparate ethnic groups who strive together for the common good
- churches who have been faithful in spreading the Good News, serving the people and pursuing justice in these societies
- economic growth from natural resources, where it benefits all people – and especially the poor – in these nations
- how people, especially in Nigeria, have been sustained by God in the face of attacks and violence in the context of the movement of population groups and from extremist elements like Boko Haram.
We pray for:
- those affected by violence and terrorism, and that such violent attacks might cease
- leaders of churches, that they might speak out courageously against political, social and economic injustices
- Just and peaceful relations between members of different ethnic groups and between Muslims and Christians
- Those who suffer from malnutrition and diseases such as malaria, whooping cough and HIV and AIDS
- Better stewardship of the environment and natural resources.