We pray for the teachers and staff of our schools who are preparing to return to teaching their students on site. We give thanks for their passion, dedication and gifts.
We pray for our congregation as they nominate people to Church Council
We pray for the ministries of GUC as they start to prepare to return to on site operations. For the Playgroup and all the families connected to it, for the ministry of the Food Pantry and the other ministries of GUC at this time.
We pray for Katrina’s Dad, in hospital and for their family at this time. We also continue to hold in our prayers Cameron, Michael, Keith, Allen, Rob & Suzy.
We join with the Canberra Region Presbytery as we pray for the Bega – Tathra Uniting Church
- We give thanks for the continuing worship and witness of this congregation in their local context.
- We pray for the leadership of this congregation as they discern God’s will and future directions for their mission.
- We pray for those in this region who are unwell, grieving or anxious.
- We thank God for calling God’s church to serve in Bega and Tathra.
We join with the National Assembly of the UCA as we pray
- The people of Lebanon as they struggle with extended power blackouts, a failing economy and as they continue to support Syrian refugees who have arrived there. We also pray for the Lebanese community in Australia and UCA members who are supporting their families and communities in Lebanon.
- Communities in Australia as they emerge from lockdown and churches as they discern ways to re-open their buildings.
- The work of UnitingWorld and our church partners who are supporting communities facing disaster and the impact of COVID-19.
We join with the World Council of Churches Prayer Cycle as we pray for Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico
We are thankful for:
- the cultures and foods distinctive here, yet enjoyed around the world
- indigenous and other groups who have resisted injustice and human rights violations
- church leaders who have spoken out and acted on behalf of the poor and marginalized
- developments that improve life for all, while also caring for the environment.
We pray for:
- stable, democratically elected governments committed to the peace and wellbeing of all
- comfort and healing for the families and loved ones of those who have been killed or disappeared, and for those responsible to be brought to justice
- stopping corruption, drug traffic, and violence, and those who profit from such activities
- improved economic life and trade policies so that people will not be exploited and can pursue livelihoods in these countries rather than migrating elsewhere for work.