This week we think locally and pray
For all students coming to the end of their year, for those completing exams, assignments and assessments. Give them peace, surround them with support.
For all teachers coming to the end of the year, bring them peace as they finalise reports and come to the conclusion of a very challenging year
For all Doctors, Nurses and health professionals, for all working in our hospital system, we hold them all in our prayers this week. News of a new variant might bring with it new stresses and anxiety. Give them courage, strength and support.
For all journeying through cancer treatment, for their loved ones and those supporting them in this time.
We join in prayer with the Canberra Region Presbytery as we pray for the Eden congregation
- We pray for the church council of Eden Uniting Church.
- We pray for Rev Michael Palmer as he serves in ministry.
- We pray for the mission and ministries of Eden UnitingChurch.
- We give thanks for the witness of Eden Uniting to thesurrounding community.
We join in prayer with the National Assembly of the UCA as we pray for
- People working to respond to and manage the latest COVID variant, for those sick with the virus and all those experiencing fear and anxiety.
- The people of the Solomon Islands in the wake of unrest in the capital city, Honiara. We pray for a peaceful resolution.
- Those across the world who are taking a stand against gender-based violence.
We join with the World Council of Churches as we pray for Myanmar, Thailand
We give thanks for:
- the beauty of these countries and their people, and their many distinctive Buddhist temples
- those who long have struggled that these countries might become more democratic
- the faithful witness of churches, which have advocated with others for greater justice
- efforts to protect the environment and resources in these countries.
We pray for:
- minority ethnic and religious groups who continue to experience discrimination, persecution or even genocide (such as the Rohingyas), and for greater interfaith understanding and tolerance for ethnic and religious diversity
- those victimized by sex tourism and exploitation, and those who perpetuate such acts
- political stability and progress toward democratic rule
- economic justice for all people, and environmental protection, as these countries undergo development.