Join in with the Canberra Region Presbytery in prayer for our Defence Force Chaplaincy
- We give thanks for those who serve in Australia’s defence forces.
- We pray for God’s continued blessing of and through defence chaplains.
- We pray for those this ANZAC day who remember loved ones, however that memory meets them.
- We pray for God’s peace to reign in our nations and in our world.
This week we join with the Uniting Church in Australia in prayer for
- The friends and family of George Floyd and those seeking racial justice in the US and here in Australia.
- All those who continue to suffer the trauma of war. We pray for peace.
- Australians and New Zealanders who have and continue to serve in our Defence Forces, their families and those who walk alongside them.
- An end to the human rights crisis in the Philippines.
- Our church partners responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join in with the World Council of Churches Ecumenical Prayer Cycle, this week we pray for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia
We are thankful for:
- the long history of Christianity in these lands
- Christians and Muslims who have witnessed to their faith during long years of repression and persecution
- positive developments these countries have undergone since the end of the Soviet era
- those who pursue peace and reconciliation in the face of old suspicions and animosities.
We pray for:
- greater respect for the human rights of all the peoples living in these countries
- just changes for those living in situations of poverty and discrimination
- the healing of past wrongs and distorted memories of what has occurred
- a prophetic witness of the churches in relation to new challenges
- the Georgian Orthodox Church, that it may rediscover a rich relationship with the family of churches worldwide.