Join with the Gungahlin Uniting Church community as we pray for
- Those of us undergoing surgery this week
- Those of us undergoing Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy
- Those of us going home this week from time in hospital
- Surgeons, Therapists, Doctors, Nurses, Caterers, Specialists and Carers who look after our health and care for us when we’re needing health care.
Join in with the Canberra Region Presbytery in prayer for New Mission Areas & Collaborative Projects
- At its meeting last week Standing Committee of Presbytery approved the use of the St Aidan’s property by Rise Ministries. This is part of developing a missional relationship with Rise Ministries to model alternate forms of fresh expressions of church.
- Rise Ministries is church re-imagined. It emerges within contemporary culture and engages with those who are seeking an alternative form of faith community. Rise Ministries is passionate about creating soul stirring spaces for people to grow and flourish in life, faith and business. It is shaped by Christian spirituality.
- For more information about Rise Ministries, see Rise Ministries
- Please pray for a clear path through the further processes for Rise Ministries to set
- up in St Aidan’s, and for the developing missional relationship between Rise Ministries and Presbytery.
Strategy for Engagement to Grow Mission
- Standing Committee of Presbytery also adopted the “Strategy for Engagement to Grow Mission” (developed by the Mission Strategy Committee) for the Presbytery’s engagement to grow mission with its Congregations, faith communities and other initiatives. The strategy includes action pathways for congregations to move toward mission, based on the Capacity Quadrant Model for mission introduced to the Presbytery in 2015/16.
- Please pray that engagement with Congregations through this strategy will grow mission.
- Many of the congregations in our Presbytery are currently involved in planning for mission. Braidwood UC is taking steps to further resource mission through its Op Shop and its other growing connections with the local expanding over 55’s housing. It’s exciting to see how these connections are already taking shape in the lives of people in the local community.
- Please pray that the ongoing planning for mission will be enriched through engagement with Presbytery and Uniting Mission and Education. Please also pray that planning for mission in our other congregations will lead to a fuller participation in Christ’s mission in the world.
This week we join with the Uniting Church in Australia in prayer for
- Those gathering for the President’s Conference in Adelaide over the next few days as they come together in worship and community and reflect on the call to live out their discipleship.
- For India as it responds to the COVID-19 crisis, for those who are mourning loss of life, those responding on the frontline, and those delivering urgent aid and support.
- For people seeking asylum and safety in Australia who remain trapped in an unjust system.
- The Moderators, President and President-elect of the UCA who are gathered together this week for a time of sharing on the life and mission of the Church.
Join in with the World Council of Churches Ecumenical Prayer Cycle, this week we pray for Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
We are thankful for:
- the magnificent expanse of mountains, grasslands and deserts in these Central Asian countries
- the rich natural resources
- the incredible ethnic diversity
- cultural traditions and practices that have been preserved for centuries amid the challenges of modernization
- Christians who, although they are a tiny minority, have courage to witness to the gospel and find the strength to live according to God’s word
- those who in spite of danger dedicate their lives to serving others.
We pray for:
- the people in these lands who suffer from poverty and repressive rule
- an end to clashes related to tribalism, traditionalism, and modernization
- the land, air and water that have been damaged by human abuse
- good relations between Muslims and Christians
- an end to oppression and violence.