Billabong – Today
Billabong for high school youth meets today from 2-4 for games. The older youth will be involved in a simulation game that will give some thought to difficult choices in a complex world. If you would like to bring some biscuits for afternoon tea then please feel free to do so. See you there!
With Love to the World…
With Love to the World is available in the foyer for $4. This is a devotional guide published by the Uniting Church and has a short passage, thought and prayer for each day of the week, using the readings that we use each Sunday in worship. If you would like a copy, please just take one and put your $4 in the box.
Oasis this week
This week travellers with GUC Tours and Oasis Travel will be visiting Jerusalem. Get ready to strap on your sandals and present your passports when you hear the announcement from one of our travel coordinators.
Where is Mark today!
Rev. Mark is leading communion worship at Murrumbateman extending and expression of thanks from our congregation to theirs.
A time to talk!
An afternoon of conversation and reflection on GUCCC, including afternoon tea, will be held on Sunday 22nd. May, 2.30pm – 5pm. Everyone is encouraged to come along.
- This will be a time for conversation; not mission planning or butcher’s paper!
- This will be a time to talk about how we have felt about the past year.
- This will be a time to pray.
- This will be a time to talk with each other about worship, pastoral care, children and youth.
When: Saturday, 28th May, 2011 From 7:30pm -10pm
Where: Folk Dance Canberra, 114 Maitland Street, Hackett.
Cost: $10 single or $25 family
Helping Care for China, to raise funds to enable them to continue to bring a future and a hope to handicapped children in rural China.
– Great music from local band GUMNUTS.
– Sausage Sizzle plus other refreshments on sale.
– Raffles & much more.
– Come & join us for a great evening of music & fun!
Grow One 2011
Each year we have an opportunity in this congregation to consider our giving to the church. This we have called Grow One. Your financial giving to the Gungahlin Uniting Church congregation is used in many different ways:
- To employ the Minister
- To support the work of the Uniting Church Presbytery
- To support the Synod. (our congregation supports: Growing New Congregations, Encouraging Young People in the Uniting Church, Ministry with Mental Health Patients and Prisoners.)
- To support the work of Agape Home in Thailand (an orphanage for children affected by AIDS)
- To enable our own work with children, the community, worship & the running and maintenance of our building & administration.
Asking members of the congregation each year what they think they can regularly give helps us draw up a responsible budget and helps us know how much we have to give to each of the areas above. In past years we have asked people to consider growing their giving by one step, but this year we are simply asking people to indicate how much they would like to give, and how they would like to give.
You can choose to give to Gungahlin Uniting Church in a number of ways:
- Direct giving (automatically through your bank)
- By using dated envelopes (one for each week)
- By putting loose money into the offering bags
- By making a donation
On Sunday 29th. May, you will be invited to participate in Grow One and so you are asked to consider before then, your giving to the church and the way in which you would like to give.