There are some great books that are helpful in sermon & Worship preparation and in helping people think about preaching and teaching, here are a few.
- God Be In My Mouth by Doug Gay is a great book on preaching and worship, highly recommended. I have 5 copies on my desk in the GUC office if you’d like to read it alone or with friends.
- Preaching God’s Transforming Justice is a three book series of sermons and reflections on the Revised Common Lectionary. Darren has a copy of all three, the one for Year B is on his desk. Feel free to borrow.
- Twelve Months Of Sundays by Tom Wright is a great collection of short reflections by scholar NT Wright. Darren has a copy of Year A, B & C in the office (it’s in one book) and available to borrow.
- Connections is a resource that includes a variety of voices, all exploring the scripture readings from the RCL. They release them Avery few months to stay ahead of the lectionary. Available on Kindle and as a printed resource. It can be expensive, but really useful.
- A Preacher’s Guide to Lectionary Sermon Series – Volume 1: Thematic Plans for Years A, B, and C comes highly reccomended and is a collection of sermons edited by Amy Butler.