We pray for all who are traveling, may the travel be safe, may it be a time of seeing you in action in new places and people and may it be one where they come back refreshed.
We pray for all who are going through treatment for Cancer, or other health issues, we pray for their doctors and specialists, their nurses and carers. In particular we pray for Michael, Cameron, Peter.
We pray for our health professionals, for those working in testing sites, for our hospitals, for all involved in looking after the vulnerable.
We pray for all who are experiencing COVID at this time, for all in isolation, for all experiencing fear and anxiety and for those caring for friends or family with COVID.
This week we join with the World Council of Churches as we pray for Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
We are thankful for:
- the ancient cultures and religions that have been sustained in this area for millennia
- those who continue to pursue peace in the midst of ethnic strife and terrorism
- the faithfulness of Muslims in expressing their faith and working with others
- Christians who practice their faith even when they are a small, often discriminated minority.
We pray for:
- women and others in these countries who are deprived of basic freedoms and human dignity
- those who misuse or exploit religious identity for extremist political ends
- the wise use of the benefits of oil and other natural resources for the sake of all
- the emergence of stable democratic societies based on the rule of law, social justice, and respect for religious and other freedoms.
Continue praying with the WCC by engaging with their weekly prayer cycle here